20210511

Hotel Quarantine in Sydney - Part 1: Day 0-4



Hotel quarantine in Sydney, Australia - Part 1 After spending a few months in my home country Germany it was time for me to travel back to Perth, where I currently live. As my original flight from Hamburg to Perth got cancelled, I travelled from Hanover to Copenhagen by train. Then I spend one night at the airport hotel before I could fly from Copenhagen to Doha and then to Sydney. As all flights to Perth got cancelled, I had no other option than going to Sydney or Brisbane. The planes were pretty empty and I had a whole raw to myself on both flights. After arriving at Sydney airport, all passengers had a quick medical scan and were then put into busses and transported to their hotel quarantine. Until we arrived at the hotel, we wouldn't know which hotel we'd have to quarantine in. After the long journey I arrived at my quarantine hotel in Sydney. There was no teabags or water available in the room. If you have to quarantine in a hotel, be prepared and bring yourself some drinks and snacks for the first hours. I get three meals a day and the vegan options are delicious diversified. They put a paper bag with food in front of my door an knock. Then I have to wait at least 30 seconds, put on my face mask and open the door to take my food in. My room is big enough for me to walk backwards and forwards in order to walk 10,000 steps every day (I do this every day). I have a big window with a nice view but I can't open it to get fresh air. In this video you can get an idea of my wirst few days in hotel quarantine. Ill add day 5-9 later and then day 10-14 after I finished the hotel quarantine.


View on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment